PTFE Aqueous Dispersion SFN-1
Latest update: Jan. 2006
SFN-1 is an aqueous dispersion of PTFE for general
purposes with properties as below
- With polymer solid content 60% (w/w),the mean
particle size of the colloidal PTFE dispersion particles is 0.05 ~0. 5 micron.
- With high stability against coagulation.
- Nontoxic at room temperature.
- Excellent chemical inertness,outstanding
resistance to chemical corrosion,such as strong acid,alkali,strong oxidant,etc.
- Outstanding resistance to heat,low temperature
- Can be used at temperature range from -200 oC
~ +250 oC for long time.
- Excellent electric insulation property,which
is not affected by temperature and frequency.
- No absorption of water.
- Be Directly used in impregnating porous
materials,such as asbestos, glass fiber,metal,ceramics and electric carbon as
anti-corrosion, sealing,anti-friction and lubricating materials.
- Be used to make protection layer by spraying
or brushing on many kinds of metal or non-metal base substances, with presence of primers.
- Be directly used for PTFE spinning.
- Appearance: Milky white emulsion
- Specific gravity : 1.50 ~ 1.55
- Solid content: 60%
- S.S.G. :2.15~ 2.27
- Viscosity: 7~10 mm2/s (25oC
- Melting point: 317oC ~ 337oC
- Particle size: 0.1~0.3 micron
- PH value :7 ~ 9
Packaging, storage and transportation:
- Packaging: 25 kgs net in plastic drum.
- Store SFN-1 at clean and dry place with
temperature 10oC ~30oC. Keep away from sunlight. It
is recommended to shake the dispersion in container slightly every 15 days during storage,
and do it also right before using.
- Transport SFN-1 as
non-hazardous chemical. Keep away from sunlight and rain.
life: one year since production. When exceeding the shelf life, the product could
still be used as long as it is re-tested and approved.
precautions for handling
and use SFN-1 only in well ventilated areas
not smoke when using or processing SFN-1.
immediately with plenty of water in case of contact with skin
Home - About Us - Products List -
Research Institute of Chemical Industry (Int'l-trade
Apt. 103, Bldg. 13, Jindu Garden, No. 526, Shuhanzhonglu Rd., Chengdu, 610036 P.R. China
86-28-86085466, 87540095 (direct line) Fax: 86-28-87541076